I am copying this narrative from the host of Song Lyrics Sunday challenge because I do not often participate. It’s a fun challenge, though, and the song I chose is one of my favorites.
I, you, we or they do, only he or she does and the past tense of do takes the form did. Do, does and did each have a negative form which is don’t, doesn’t and didn’t and these are contractions. I didn’t like being bitten by the dog or being scratched by the cat. Our Song Lyric Sunday prompt is Did/Didn’t/Do/Don’t/Does/Doesn’t and the grammar lesson is over for today, I think will trigger some interesting songs.
Let’s have some fun today with this challenge. I enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone contributes, so share your music with others and listen to the music that the others come up with. SLS should be more than just posting a video, so do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. This could be something as simple as what year the song was written, who wrote it, or did it make the charts? Post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I thought of this Cat Stevens song right away as soon as I read the prompt. He was one of my favorite artists back in the day and I had bought all of the LPs he released (which I no longer have because I got rid of all my vinyl – I think my son has my collection now!).
Where Do the Children Play? is one of my favorite songs by Cat Stevens. The lyrics are right on the video.