Dr. Tanya at Salted Caramel has a new weekly challenge: 5 Things Tuesday – this week the theme is food combos.
1. Pizza: Sausage & onion, or Hawaiian (pineapple and Canadian bacon or ham) – I always try to remember to order it with no barbecue sauce!
2. My favorite dessert is a schaum torte, which is a combination of a meringue with ice cream on top and then covered with strawberries and/or hot fudge sauce (preferably homemade!). My niece makes the meringues every year at Easter and her mom, my sister, makes the homemade hot fudge sauce and everyone assembles their own schaum torte according to their particular taste! Because of the quarantine, there was no Easter celebration at my sister’s this year, so I’m posting this photo from last year! (By the way, my favorite ice cream is peppermint and with fudge sauce it’s sublime!)
3. Snack or lunch side: Hummus with either pita chips, pretzels or veggies – my favorite snack or lunch accompaniment! To drink, I prefer Bai Strawberry Lemonade!
4. My two favorite breakfast combos: Hot hard-boiled eggs, chopped up with a little butter, salt and pepper, and an English muffin with honey. When I am having breakfast alone, this is what I will have if the ingredients are available. Otherwise I will have instant oatmeal with raspberry yogurt, and pecans, blueberries and raspberries mixed in!
5. dinner side: miniature potatoes, boiled, then marinated with balsamic vinegar, a little olive oil and chopped onions